IT Manager, Time Warner Cable Media Sales; July 2006 — Present
(This is a continuation of the Comcast postion; same job, location, etc.)
Build and maintained an extensive intranet site of tools for submitting spots, tracking them from client submission to placement on cable video insertion equipment, and reporting run rates.
- Built and extended an intranet site full of sales tools. Helped increase cable auto advertising from under 10% to over 40% with Polk registration data intelligence.
- Developed numerous small websites for short-horizon co-marketing projects.
- Maintained a multi-domain internet marketing website for all regional markets with 16 domains.
- Database Analysis for SQL Server and Oracle.databases.
- Converted IT systems from Comcast to TimeWarner.
- Continuation of a job from Comcast Spotlight.
IS Manager, Comcast Spotlight; March 2004 — July 2006
- Built and maintained an extensive intranet site touching almost every area of the business
from video production, traffic, sales and sales reporting, engineering and master control.
- Function areas include job tracking, inventory, reporting, video library, and research.
- Regional franchise was sold to Time Warner Cable
Freelance Consulting, Self-Employed, July 1992 — December 1995, October 2001 — March 2004
- Various small development and IT tasks for numerous clients.
E-Commerce Developer, Verix Technology Group, April 2002 – March 2004
- Built and maintained a large number of commercial websites
- Linux (LAMP) and Windows (ASP/SQL Server) platforms
- Secure payment processes through Paymentech and Mastercard
Sr Business Analyst, E.W. Blanch, January 1999 – October 2001
- Maintained and extended an insurance industry website and weather warning email
list to alert re-insurance clients of potential windstorm damage.
Sr Software Engineer, Raytheon/E-Systems, January 1996 – July 1998
- Built a search engine interface for insurance documents and for medical documents.
- Built an evaluation application for war gaming scenarios.
Manager of Developer Relations, Micrografx, Inc., November 1990 — July 1992
- Responsible for a team of 3 and budget of approximately $1M per year.
- Managed an ISP program with numerous clients developing applications that worked
with the retail drawing applications, including Mobil Refineries and Landis and Gyr.
- Maintained Vendor relations with printer manufacturers such as HP and Tektronix and
with other software developers such as Microsoft to foster adoption of the
Micrografx graphics formats program interoperation.
- Provided additional support for the annual Chili Cook-off event at Comdex.
Contract Software Developer, Organon Teknika; June 1986 — December 1986
Developed software for an automated lab test system designed to test for HIV and for what was
then known as Non-AB Hepatitis virus (now known as Type C), using an early version of
Microsoft "C" language tools.
Contract Software Engineer, Mostek, Inc.; March 1985 — August 1985
- 1985 Job was a contract to build software to control automated test and IC handling equipment
Senior Systems Programmer, Harris Data Communications; June 1983 — March 1985
Developed new products, and maintained a line of products for SNA (layered communication)
architecture for the 3270 data terminal, using PL/M 86.
Lead Software Developer, Commodore Computers, Inc; January 1983 — June 1983
Supervised a small software team for an experimental entry-level personal utility robot,
ultimately shown at a trade-show as 'Chester', but never marketed.
Senior Software Engineer, Mostek, Inc.; January 1981 — February 1983 / and 1985
- Built an in-circuit
emulator (ICE) for the Motorola 68000, called the Radius.
Project included a command-line system, a 68000 disassembliler, processor control, breakpointing and
memory tools. Project consisted of about 6000 lines of Z-80 assembly and approximately 1000 lines
of M68000 assembly.
- Wrote interface software for an EPROM Programmer
Systems Programmer, Rockwell Collins; January 1980 — January 1981
Developed and installed communications software for bank data commuinication switch in
proprietary Collins programming language.
Associate Systems Programmer, Harris Data Communications; January 1979 — January 1980
Built various tools and operating system (OS) software for a Perkin-Elmer mini-computer based
communications cluster controllers, and for a later model 8086-based data terminal
communications cluster controller.
Teaching and Instruction
- "C++" Programming — Lectured, prepared exams and programming projects.
- Two Sections of Introductory Computer Science — Lectured, prepared exams and programming projects.
- Master of Business Administration, Southern Methodist University, Edwin L. Cox School of Business, August 1987.
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science / Minor in Mathematics, University of North Texas, December 1978.
- Dallas Amateur Radio Club (W5FC), Vice President, 2007 — 2008
- Board Member, Dallas Housing & Finance Corporation, 1995 — 2002.
Appointed by Dallas City Council members Craig McDaniel, Veletta Lill.
- Manager, 1992 Artfest music and outdoor arts festival, 1992
- Executive Member of The 500, Inc., 1992 — 1993
- Dallas Arboretum volunteer, 1991 — 1992
- Disk Jockey and On-Air Announcer, KNTU-FM, Denton, 1977 — 1978